This Stir-Fry Beef with Sambal Belacan and Okra is packed with flavours of sweet and spicy chilli! Paired with a refreshing Okra for some added crunch. Perfect for Ramadan fasting, this meal can be enjoyed pre-dawn or of an evening to keep energy levels high. Serve with rice for a hearty meal. Recipe inspired by True Aussie Beef & Lamb.
- 500g The Meat Club Angus Beef Lean Mince
- 3 tbsp Sweet sauce (kicap manis)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 80 gm Okra
- 100 ml Cooking Oil
- 100 gm White Onion white, sliced
- 20 gm Shallots, sliced
- 80 gm Prawn paste
- 50 gm Red bird’s eye Chili, sliced
- 50 gm Large red Chili, sliced
- 50 gm Tomato, small cubes
- 20 gm Garlic , sliced
- 50 gm Tamarind juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- To make the Sambal Belacan, pre-heat the skillet with 1/3 of the cooking oil over high heat and add the white onion, shallots, prawn paste, red bird’s eye chili, red chili, tomato and garlic. Cook it for 8-10 minutes and add salt, sugar and tamarind juice.
- Transfer it to a food processor and blend it to a coarse texture and set aside.
- Pre-heat a wok with remainder cooking oil over high heat and add minced beef. Stir fry beef evenly for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked and set aside.
- Lastly, add sweet sauce, sambal belacan, okra and toss it together with cooked beef. Served dish hot with steamed fragrant rice.