This Stir-Fry Beef with Sambal Belacan and Okra is packed with flavours of sweet and spicy chilli! Paired with a refreshing Okra for some added crunch. Perfect for Ramadan fasting, this meal can be enjoyed pre-dawn or of an evening to keep energy levels high. Serve with rice for a hearty meal. Recipe inspired by True Aussie Beef & Lamb.
- 500g The Meat Club Angus Beef Lean Mince
- 3 tbsp Sweet sauce (kicap manis)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 80 gm Okra
- 100 ml Cooking Oil
- 100 gm White Onion white, sliced
- 20 gm Shallots, sliced
- 80 gm Prawn paste
- 50 gm Red bird’s eye Chili, sliced
- 50 gm Large red Chili, sliced
- 50 gm Tomato, small cubes
- 20 gm Garlic , sliced
- 50 gm Tamarind juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- To make the Sambal Belacan, pre-heat the skillet with 1/3 of the cooking oil over high heat and add the white onion, shallots, prawn paste, red bird’s eye chili, red chili, tomato and garlic. Cook it for 8-10 minutes and add salt, sugar and tamarind juice.
- Transfer it to a food processor and blend it to a coarse texture and set aside.
- Pre-heat a wok with remainder cooking oil over high heat and add minced beef. Stir fry beef evenly for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked and set aside.
- Lastly, add sweet sauce, sambal belacan, okra and toss it together with cooked beef. Served dish hot with steamed fragrant rice.
You may also like
This chargrilled porterhouse steak is perfect for an intimate summertime dinner. Recipe from our ...View Recipe