Soba Noodle Salad with Steak and Stir-fried Vegetables
An exclusive extract from her new book, Strong, Elsa Pataky shares her approach to building strength – of body and mind. This recipe is a healthy fix to fuel your pursuit of strength.
- 90g soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive
- oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 x 85g pieces of lean beef steak, such as The Meat Club scotch or eye fillet
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup (50g) peanuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup (100g) soy or mung bean sprouts
- 40g green cabbage, finely sliced
- 6 basil leaves, torn
This recipe is adapted from The Grace Tales, as they share an exclusive extract from Elsa Pataky‘s new book, Strong. Check out workouts and meal plans with Centrfit here.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the noodles, swirling them around to prevent them from sticking together. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Drain and rinse the noodles under cold running water, then drizzle with a little oil so they don’t stick together as they dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over high heat. When the pan is smoking, carefully add the steaks and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the pan, add the remaining oil and return to high heat. Add the sugar snap peas, carrot, peanuts, soy sauce, agave syrup and lime juice and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large bowl, add the noodles, sprouts, cabbage and basil and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the noodles and veggies between two serving plates and top with the steak.
You may also like
Spring Roll Steak Salad with Peanut Dressing
This Spring Roll Steak Salad with Peanut Dressing by Katie Dewhurst of ...View Recipe
Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk
Our Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk has kurma and root ...View Recipe
Slow Cooked Angus Diced Beef Stew
This Slow Cooked Angus Diced Beef Stew is great for preparing ahead of time ...View Recipe