Rump Steak Asparagus rolls
The Meat Club, together with Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) and The Providore, present these quick 10-15min meals that can be prepared at home. Here, chef David Carew shows us how to cook Rump Steak and Asparagus Rolls.
David Carew is a veteran of the food industry. A meat specialist, expert chef and in-demand presenter, he produced Australia’s very first branded beef program. Having worked through the entire supply chain and won eight Australian Innovation awards along the way, The Meat Club are lucky to have his involvement in their Steak Master Classes.
- 1 x The Meat Club beef rump steak
- 1 x tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 x tub Persian feta cheese
- 2 x tbsp horseradish cream
- ½ bunch fresh chives
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Remove the Rump Steak from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place the Rump Steak on an open rack in an oven for 30mins at 60 degrees.
- Top the ends off the asparagus and make uniform spears with a flat bottom so they will stand on a plate. Quickly blanch asparagus in hot boiling water. Cool in ice water and set aside.
- Mix together the feta, horseradish, lemon juice, chives and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the Rump Steak from the oven, rest in a warm area for 10 minutes loosely covered with foil. Meat will continue to cook and finish resting at 55 degrees C internal temperature.
- Season Rump Steak with salt and EVOO. Heat a frying pan and “shock sear” the Rump Steak for 2-3 minutes to develop a delicious crust. Add a cube of butter and brush with herbs for added flavour.
- Place Rump Steak in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and then slice on a 45 degrees gradient into thin shavings.
- Smear feta onto a plate.
- Arrange the Rump Steak slices and place 2-3 stems of asparagus between the slices and roll. Trim base to stand up-right in feta.
You may also like
Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk
Our Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk has kurma and root ...View Recipe
Lean Minced Beef Zoodles
Bolognese is a staple in most families, and once you have it mastered, everyone ...View Recipe
Grilled ribeye steak with smoky eggplant and pomegranate salad
These grilled Aussie steaks are perfect for entertaining guests at dinner parties. Thank you ...View Recipe