Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy is an easy mid week meal. Pro-Tip: pair it with your favourite wine for a romantic evening. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this fantastic recipe.
Porterhouse steak with Onion Sauce
- 500g “microwave in a bag” mini white potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into batons
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 29g packet traditional gravy mix
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in packet for 4 to 5 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender, adding carrots, broccolini and peas in a microwave safe container for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. In a jug, prepare gravy according to packet instructions. Add gravy to pan, season and stir to combine. Simmer for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve steaks with gravy and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley, to serve.
You may also like
These Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs pasta make a great meal at home. Here, ...View Recipe
These grilled Aussie steaks are perfect for entertaining guests at dinner parties. Thank you ...View Recipe