Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy is an easy mid week meal. Pro-Tip: pair it with your favourite wine for a romantic evening. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this fantastic recipe.
Porterhouse steak with Onion Sauce
- 500g “microwave in a bag” mini white potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into batons
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 29g packet traditional gravy mix
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in packet for 4 to 5 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender, adding carrots, broccolini and peas in a microwave safe container for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. In a jug, prepare gravy according to packet instructions. Add gravy to pan, season and stir to combine. Simmer for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve steaks with gravy and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley, to serve.
You may also like
This chargrilled porterhouse steak is perfect for an intimate summertime dinner. Recipe from our ...View Recipe