Pan seared True Aussie beef with spices and relish
Our Pan seared True Aussie beef with spices and relish has all the hallmarks of an Asian inspired steak, packed with flavours of tamarind and chilli! Perfect for Ramadan fasting, this meal can be enjoyed pre-dawn or of an evening to keep energy levels high. Serve with rice and a side of salad for a hearty meal. Recipe inspired by True Aussie Beef & Lamb.
- 500g The Meat Club Premium Australian Beef Sirloin Steak
- 10g Corriander leaves
- 5g Dry Chili
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 100ml Cooking oil
Tamarind and tomato relish
- 100g Tomato (Thin slice)
- 30g Red Chili (Fine chop)
- 20g Chili Padi (Fine chop)
- 30g Shrimp paste (Fine chop)
- 200ml Tamarind Juice
- 80g Palm sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pre-heat the pan to medium heat, add the coriander seed, cumin seed, lemongrass, onion red, garlic, dry chili with a little oil. Transfer this spice mix to a food processor and blend it with turmeric powder, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
- Coat the 2 beef pieces with this blended mixture and leave it in the fridge for ½ hour to marinate.
- To prepare tomato and chili relishes, mix the onion, tomato, red chili, cili padi, shrimp paste, tamarind juice, palm sugar and salt
- Pre-heat the pan over high heat, add some cooking oil and place the beef on one side and sear for 3-4 minutes. Turn the beef on the other side and sear for 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the second piece of marinated beef.
- Once the beef is cooked, rest beef for 2 minutes before slicing it. Serve the sliced beef with the relishes and steamed fragrant rice.
You may also like
Thai beef salad
Our Ambassadors, Elissa and Jacinta of Two Expat Cooks show us how to create ...View Recipe
Beef Broth with Vegetables and Spices
Enjoy this refreshing and light minced beef larb roasted rice from The Meat Club – ...View Recipe
Mustard glazed beef tenderloin with peach and argula bruschetta
These Mustard glazed beef tenderloin bruschettas are party food with heaps of spring flavor. ...View Recipe