The smell of Lemongrass Beef Tenderloin Bahn Mi really beckons from afar! This is the ultimate summery comfort food. My simple take on traditional Vietnamese Bahn Mi with Beef Tenderloin by Singapore foodie Lorin Cooks.
- 400g The Meat Club eye fillet
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar / honey
- Lemongrass (chopped & set aside)
- 1/4 cup carrots (cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1/4 cup white daikon radish (cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 large red chilli (sliced)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Cucumbers (sliced)
- 1 Baguette
- Remove The Eye Fillet from the packet, marinate and set aside
- Prepare the pickled vegetables by combining all ingredients in a bowl and setting them aside for at least 30 min
- Heat a fry pan over medium to high heat and place 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on the pan. Place the tenderloin on the pan, shaking off the excess marinade beforehand.
- Cook the tenderloin for 2 min on each side, roll the beef in the chopped up lemongrass and then set aside to rest.
- Slice the baguette in half the long way and toast the baguette.
- Slice the beef tenderloin.
- To assemble the Barn Mi sandwich, spread each side of the baguette with mayonnaise and layer the sandwich with cucumbers, pickled vegetables, beef tenderloin, and garnishes.
You may also like
This Beef Sausage & Prawn Brown Rice Paella from Carrotsticks and Cravings ...View Recipe