Bolognese is a staple in most families, and once you have it mastered, everyone will pine over it. This is a recipe handed down through the generations, so be assured it’s one of the best! Also, be sure to use Italian tinned tomatoes – it makes a huge difference. Bolognese is best when it’s slow cooked. The pots from Le Creuset are great for making this sauce, as it’s a nice heavy based saucepan.
For the Bolognese:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrot’s, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalk’s, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 500g The Meat Club Premium Australian Beef Lean Mince
- 4 x 400g tins of Italian tomatoes (blended)
- ½ cup of dry red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Handful of fresh basil
For the Zoodles:
- 4 zucchini (roughly 1 per person)
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 60g Parmesan cheese, grated
- To make the sauce, heat your Le Creuset pot with nothing in it, once it’s hot add the beef mince and let it cook till all the water has come out of the meat.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add the olive oil to the pan, once it’s heated add the garlic, carrot’s and celery and fry gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and stir with a wooden spoon to break them up into smaller chunks. Add the wine and bubble for a few minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and fresh basil. Leave to simmer for 2 hours. Season to taste with salt (pepper optional).
- In the meantime, spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Leave for about 5 minutes, then with your hands squeeze the excess water out. Heat a fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil, add the crushed garlic and then the zucchini, sautéed for 2 minutes or till tender. Serve and top with bolognese sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
You may also like
The Beef Porridge infused with Coconut Milk and Spices is a comforting dish on ...View Recipe