There is nothing better than sitting around the family table to share a pipping hot plate of Lean mince nachos. Amy shows us how to make these nachos using The Meat Club’s premium lean mince. This simple meal can be made for pretty much any time of day. Enjoy as a snack or as a much substantial meal; the choice is yours!
- 500g The Meat Club lean mince
- 400g corn chips
- 2 large ripe avocadoes, mashed
- 450g canned Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup sour cream or plain low-fat yoghurt
- ½ cup black or kidney beans
- ½ cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly diced
- 1 large onion, thinly diced
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180o.
- Heat EVOO in a frying pan, wok or pot. Add ¼ of the onion and fry until soft. Add mince and break up with fork or spoon. As the meat changes colour, add the canned tomatoes and continue to stir. After 5 minutes, add the tomato paste and let simmer until consistency gets thicker.
- Meanwhile, rinse kidney beans under cold running water and set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, ½ the onion and parsley together and set aside.
- Mix the mashed avocado, remaining onion and some of the parsley (if desired) together and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and scatter corn chips into a pile. Add mince, black beans and cheese and place in oven. Allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, stand to cool for 2 minutes then add sour cream, diced tomatoes and avocado. Serve immediately with fresh parsley.
You may also like
This chargrilled porterhouse steak is perfect for an intimate summertime dinner. Recipe from our ...View Recipe
These Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs pasta make a great meal at home. Here, ...View Recipe