This Japanese-style Yakiniku recipe has a light marinade over the thin cuts of Yakiniku beef, with a sweet soy sauce mix added before grilling, giving it an extra layer of flavour! Partnering with Kith by CASA, we used their smoke-free BBQ for a fuss-free Yakiniku experience at home.
- 200g The Meat Club Wagyu Karubi Yakiniku
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp mirin (optional, replace with water)
- 3 tbsp Japanese sake (optional, replace with water)
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin and Japanese sake together in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir until brown sugar melts. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Use marinate mixture to marinate the Yakiniku meat in a bowl, set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grill on a pan or BBQ. We recommend Kith by CASA for their smoke-free BBQ machine for a fuss-free Yakiniku experience at home!
- Serve immediately or with Japanese rice.
You may also like
These Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs pasta make a great meal at home. Here, ...View Recipe
An exclusive extract from her new book, Strong, Elsa Pataky shares her approach to ...View Recipe