These Indian Spiced Beef Steaks by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth are next level, breathing life into a great Porterhouse steak.
- 1 x The Meat Club The Meat Club Angus Porterhouse Steak
- 2 cubes of butter
- 1 diced white onion
- Handful of cardamom seeds
- Handful of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 60g greek yoghurt
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Half a cucumber
- Juice from half a medium sized lime
- Coriander for garnish
- Crushed walnut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- In a large deep frying pan cook sausages in EVOO until they are ¾ cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Saute sliced onion, garlic, bell pepper and diced chilli in the pan untilonion is soft.
- Slice sausages into small pieces and add to onion mix with the paprika.
- Add brown rice, stock, passata and cherry tomatoes and reduce heat and cover for 30 minutes until rice is mostly cooked. You don’t want it too soft– checking every 10 minutes as you may need to add more liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and add prawns and peas and cover for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir through chopped parlsey and ½ lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges, extra parsley and some chilli slices or flakes for some spice.