Grilled Eye Fillet with quinoa pistachio salad
4 min, plus resting time
Grilled Eye Fillet with quinoa pistachio salad. Using Eye Fillet – a personal favourite of co-founder Amy Bell – this ‘lean and clean’ superfood salad is the perfect meal for those in search of a healthy lifestyle. A hearty meal that does not compromise on taste!
- 600g The Meat Club eye fillet, trimmed
- 2 tbsp smoky barbeque seasoning*
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dressed watercress, to serve
- Preheat a ridged chargrill or barbeque to moderately high. Brush the eye fillets with some olive oil and rub well with the barbeque seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest on a plate for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- Mix the quinoa with the herbs, nuts, lemon juice, zest and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slice the eye fillets and serve with the quinoa and some dressed watercress.
- Slice the rested lamb and serve with the ratatouille.
*Smoky barbeque seasoning is a store bought seasoning blend available in the spice section of your supermarket.
You may also like
Japanese Sake Marinated Steak Rice Bowls
Terri-Anne of Carrotsticks and Cravings family loves Japan and especially, the food. These ...View Recipe
Rump Steak Asparagus rolls
WATCH VIDEO The Meat Club, together with Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) and The ...View Recipe
Beef and rice noodle stir-fry
This beef and rice noodle stir-fry makes an easy and tasty lunch. Recipe ...View Recipe