Beef strip egg noodles are a great alternative to soba with a subtle taste that isn’t overbearing. Paired with beef strips and some simple greens, this makes an easy dinner which doubles as left overs for lunch the next day. Amy shows us how to use The Meat Club’s beef strips to make this dish.
- 500g The Meat Club beef strips
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Small knob ginger, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 400g egg noodles (soba, buckwheat or rice are suitable alternatives)
- Bunch baby kai lan, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 fresh chilled, chopped thinly
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Roasted peanuts, broken into pieces
- Bring pot of water to boil and add baby kai lan, cooking for 2 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water and throw in noodles. Cook until tender, drain and divide into 4 bowls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, wok or pot. Add the garlic and ginger and fry off until fragrant.
- Add the beef strips on high heat and stir until they change colour. Remove from heat immediately and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Top noodles with kai lan, beef strips, chilli and peanuts. Dress with oil, salt and pepper to taste.