A warm bowl of beef noodle soup, perfect for rainy days in. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this lovely recipe.
Beef meatball and soba noodle soup
- 2 packs The Meat Club lean beef mince
- 1L beef stock
- 1L water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised with back of knife
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 4 spring onions, white parts roughly chopped, green parts sliced and set aside
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 packet (270g) soba noodles
- 200g sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed and halved
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- In a medium saucepan combine stock, water, sugar, lemongrass & sliced ginger. Place on medium heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile combine the white parts of the spring onions, remaining ginger, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse till finely chopped. Add breadcrumbs, fish sauce and beef. Pulse until the mixture comes together (don’t over mix!).
- Form heaped-tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs by firmly rolling them between your palms. This mixture is very easy to roll and should yield about 20 or so meatballs.
- Add oil into a large pot over high heat, add meatballs and leave to brown on one side for 3 minutes. Carefully flip meatballs over and brown for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add simmering stock to the pot with the meatballs through a sieve (to catch the ginger and lemongrass, which you can discard). Turn the heat down and let the meatballs simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the soba noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Add sugar snap/snow peas, cook for another minute.
- Serve soup in large bowls, with generous squeeze of lemon juice and some sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
You may also like
This Beef Sausage & Prawn Brown Rice Paella from Carrotsticks and Cravings ...View Recipe