A warm bowl of beef noodle soup, perfect for rainy days in. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this lovely recipe.
Beef meatball and soba noodle soup
- 2 packs The Meat Club lean beef mince
- 1L beef stock
- 1L water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised with back of knife
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 4 spring onions, white parts roughly chopped, green parts sliced and set aside
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 packet (270g) soba noodles
- 200g sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed and halved
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- In a medium saucepan combine stock, water, sugar, lemongrass & sliced ginger. Place on medium heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile combine the white parts of the spring onions, remaining ginger, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse till finely chopped. Add breadcrumbs, fish sauce and beef. Pulse until the mixture comes together (don’t over mix!).
- Form heaped-tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs by firmly rolling them between your palms. This mixture is very easy to roll and should yield about 20 or so meatballs.
- Add oil into a large pot over high heat, add meatballs and leave to brown on one side for 3 minutes. Carefully flip meatballs over and brown for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add simmering stock to the pot with the meatballs through a sieve (to catch the ginger and lemongrass, which you can discard). Turn the heat down and let the meatballs simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the soba noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Add sugar snap/snow peas, cook for another minute.
- Serve soup in large bowls, with generous squeeze of lemon juice and some sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
You may also like
Our Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk has kurma and root ...View Recipe
Let’s taco-bout it: another easy spring/summer lunch recipe idea. Fusion food ...View Recipe