Viet Chicken Salad
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
Try this quick and easy vibrant Viet chicken salad recipe by one of our friend’s Fiona Pham. It just doesn’t get any easier.
- 1 head of purple cabbage
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of corriander
- 1 bunch of Thai basil
- Fried onion and roasted chopped peanuts to garnish
- 1 packet of the meat club chicken breast.
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar/palm sugar
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 water
- 1 chilli
- 1 clove of minced Garlic
- Finish with a swig of sesame oil
- Start by poaching the chicken. Place the chicken in cold salted water and bring it to boil. After 5 mins take it out.
- In a bowl, mix together fish sauce, brown sugar, lemon , water, chilli and garlic and sesame oil to make the dressing.
- Mix all the veggies and chicken together and pour the prepared dressing over. Garnish it with fried onion and roasted peanuts.