Vegetable burger with homemade hummus
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
This vegetable burger with homemade hummus is quick, easy and filling, not to mention healthy. Using our Roast Pumpkin and Chickpea burger patty, this recipe packs a punch without compromising on taste. Try it today!
- 1 x The Meat Club Roast Pumpkin and Chickpea Burger Patty
- Slices of freshly baked sourdough bread
- 1 tomato, cut into slices
- 1/4 ripe avocado, smashed into a spread
- Handful fresh spinach leaves
- Can of chickpeas
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drain chickpeas keeping 1/2 the liquid from the can.
- Place chickpeas in food processor, with remaining 1/2 liquid, add fresh garlic and a squeeze of lemon.
- Add more liquid if needed otherwise set aside.
- Remove burger patties from packet and place in a sandwich press until golden.
- Slice sourdough bread and smooth over hommus. Layer with tomatoes, the vegetable patty, fresh greens and salt and pepper.