Turmeric Lemongrass Fish with Coconut Rice
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
This recipe of Turmeric Lemongrass Fish from Ambassador Terrie Anne of Carrotsticks and cravings is FULL of flavour! The coconut rice and coconut crumbs that accompany it makes the dish one you’ll want to make time and time again.
- 1 tbsp grated fresh turmeric
- 1 tbsp diced lemongrass
- 1 diced red chilli
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 fillets barramundi
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Zest 1 lime
- Steamed greens and lime to serve
- Combine all marinate ingredients together in a mortar and pestel and pound until it forms a paste.
- Coat fish and marinate for 45 minutes.
- Cook rice in rice cooker.
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºC and wrap fish in banana leaves or baking paper.
- Steam veggies for 12 minutes while fish is cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix toasted coconut, chilli powder, coriander and zest.
- Stir coconut cream through cooked rice and plate up rice with veggies, fish, coconut crumbs and lime.
You may also like…
Earliest date for delivery is Saturday, September 21