Thai beef power bowl
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
This Thai beef power bowl is a wholesome meal for the family. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this wonderful creation.
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup red rice
- 200g snow peas, sliced lengthways
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- Thai basil
- Lime wedges, liced
- Place beef in a bowl and add coriander, cumin, turmeric, coconut cream and 1 tsp fish sauce. Stir to combine.
- Rinse rice in a sieve and place in a saucepan with 2 cups water, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender and water has absorbed.
- Preheat a bbq or large non-stick fry pan to high heat and cook beef for 30 seconds per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the snow peas, carrots, tomatoes and sprouts.
- Combine lime juice, palm sugar and 1 tsp fish sauce to make the dressing.
- Plate rice and salad.