Stir Fry Pork Strips in Black Bean Sauce
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
This Stir Fry Pork Strips in Black Bean Sauce is a True Mandarin delicacy. All you need is some white rice to enjoy this gorgeous dish.
- 500g pork strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of rice wine
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 5 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbp sweet bean sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbp soya sauce
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 scallions
- Mix the pork mince with salt, wine pepper, cornstarch and oil. Let it rest for 20 mins.
- In an another bowl, prepare the sauce for stir fry by mixing 1/2 cup of water, bean sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and sugar. Mix everything together till it is completely dissolved.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the carrots, and cook for about a minute. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat 2 more tablespoons of oil over high heat. Once the oil is heated add the pork in. Once the pork turns color from pink to white, turn down the heat (to avoid burning).
- Transfer the pork to a separate bowl and set aside.
- At this point, the wok should still be glistening with oil. Pour in the sauce, turn up the heat, and stir the sauce quickly for a few seconds–it should be bubbling. Toss the carrots and the pork back into the wok, quickly stir-frying to combine.
- After everything is coated well, remove it from heat and serve hot with white sticky rice.