Spinach and Bacon tart
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
Spinach and bacon tart. An easy but delicious pastry dish from The Meat Club that will definitely be a hit with kids and adults alike. Perfect for a lunch treat or a tea time snack.
- 400g The Meat Club back bacon, chopped finely
- 500g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 300g cheese, grated
- 1 sheet of short crust pastry
- Saute bacon and onion in a frying pan.
- Pull apart defrosted spinach and toss in with bacon, onion and egg, mix well.
- Place pastry on baking tray and add spinach mixture in the middle.
- Pull pastry edges inwards and fold over each other to create a tart.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for 20 mins or until pastry is golden.