Sous Vide Pork belly
PREP TIME: Sous-vide: 9 hrs
COOK TIME: 15 mins
With it’s Southeast Asian marinade, the flavor in this Sous Vide Pork Belly is jam-packed. Check out the recipe by #sgfoodie Yann @yannisms.
- 500g pork belly
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 knob of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic, minced
- Dash of corn flour
- Score the rind of the pork belly in criss cross lines.
- Place all the ingredients into a zip-lock bag and vacuum seal it using the water immersion method (or use a vacuum sealer if you have one).
- Put it into a 76 degrees C water bath for 9 hours.
- Once done, remove the pork belly from the bag and reserve the juices.
- Dry the pork belly and put it into the oven grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the rind turns golden brown. Meanwhile, heat up the juices in a pan to reduce it, adding in the corn flour slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Once pork belly is out of the oven, cut it into thin slices and drizzle the sauce over it.
- Serve with rice or steamed mantou.