Slow Cooker Chicken Chickpea Curry
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 4-6 hrs
Slow Cooker Chicken Chickpea Curry is a tasty recipe that has quickly become a family favourite! We love slow cooker meals because they are perfect for busy schedules — simply add all ingredients, walk away and woollah! This recipe by #sghomecook Terri-Anne of @Carrotstick & Cravings and her famed cafes includes some mild spices, which is great for introducing new flavours to little ones.
- 4 The Meat Club Cage & Hormone Free Chicken Thighs cubed
- 1 tin drained organic chickpeas
- 2 400ml tins organic coconut milk
- 2 400ml tins organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red chilli (can add chilli padi if you like more spice)
- 1 inch lemongrass finely diced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Rind of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ butternut pumpkin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots sliced
- Torn coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Add all ingredients except the lime and coriander to the slow cooker.
- Cook on auto for 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling apart.
- Serve on brown rice or quinoa and top with torn coriander and lime wedges. Enjoy!