Quick Chicken Briyani
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
Chicken briyani. Nags from Edible garden created this recipe because she wanted a super easy but flavourful method of cooking briyani, but at the same time requiring minimal wash up. Read more to find out how to prepare this dish.
- 1 400g pack of The Meat Club Cage free chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups sliced onions
- Small piece of cinnamon
- Cardamom pods and cloves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Green chillies
- 2″ piece ginger
- Garlic cloves
- Briyani masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup cubed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Mint leaves, chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Cashew nuts
- Soak rice in water.
- Fry onions and a small piece cinnamon, 2-3 cardamom pods and a few cardamom cloves in 2 tbsp ghee.
- Grind together a few green chillies, a 2” piece of ginger and garlic cloves.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add the ground mixture and saute.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of biryani masala and a teaspoon of red chilli power based on your spice/heat tolerance.
- Add cubed tomatoes and yogurt.
- Mix well and add salt along with cleaned chicken drumsticks.
- Mix well and add soaked rice.
- Add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 7-8 minutes on low heat.
- Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves for garnish along with some cashew nuts.
- Serve hot.