This warming bowl of ramen is bursting with vegetables and spices, whilst also being comforting on a cold rainy day. And this is no ordinary ramen, this plant based v2mince ramen by v2food is something else. Enjoy v2food Plant Based Mince as a versatile yet nutritious alternative for anyone that loves the taste of meat but doesn’t want to get it from animals.
- 500g v2mince
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 lt water
- 400g ramen noodles
- 8 shitake mushrooms
- 4 pak choy, halved lengthways
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- Nori (seaweed paper) shredded
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- While this is happening, combine the v2mince with chopped ginger, chili and shallot.
- Roll into 16 equal sized balls. Gently add eggs to boiling water and set a timer for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium simmer.
- Gently add meatballs to water and poach for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs and meatballs and set aside.
- Mix miso paste in a cup with some water and add to the pot of simmering water.
- Add ramen noodles, shitakes, pak choy and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the broth simmers, peel and slice the eggs lengthways.
- Portion the broth over 4 bowls. Add 4 meatballs and two egg halves to each, top with shredded nori, and tuck in while it’s steaming hot!