Pan-fried kingfish with cabbage and bacon
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
Kingfish is versatile, and this take on an easy, bistro-style meal will get you through the week. Recipe adapted from Taste.
1 kg potatoes
- 40g butter
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Skin and halve potatoes. Boil in a pot for 25 mins.
- Drain water from the pot, and add 40g of butter and 1/2 cup of milk (or cream). Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter with 1 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Cook bacon for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until lightly golden.
- Add wine and stock and simmer for 2-3 mins. Add cabbage and thyme, and cover to cook for 8-10 mins or until tender.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Season fish and cook for 2-3 mins on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with cabbage and mash. Garnish with thyme.