Minced Beef Larb with Roasted rice
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 6 Minutes
Enjoy this refreshing and light minced beef larb roasted rice from The Meat Club – regarded as the national dish of Laos – as a main dish or accompaniment to dinner.
- 500g The Meat Club lean minced beef
- 2 tbsp roasted rice,* coarsely ground
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 lime leaves, very finely shredded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Baby cos leaves, prawn crackers and lime wedges, to serve
- Place a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook half of the beef in a small amount of vegetable oil for 3 minutes or until lightly coloured, breaking it up as it cooks. Repeat with the remaining beef. Tip into a large mixing bowl and allow to coolslightly.
- Add the ground rice and remaining ingredients and stir well. Place onto a platter and serve with babycos leaves and lime wedges.
*To roast rice, place in a dry frying pan over a moderately high heat. Stir until toasted and brown. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and beat until coarsely ground.