Lamb Zucchini Mint Salad
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
This Lamb Zucchini Mint Salad is a perfect meal for a Monday after indulging over the weekend. Check out the full recipe from Two Expat cooks.
- 1 lamb backstrap (about 300g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 cup of frozen peas, cooked
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- Rocket and baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, add 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp. of olive oil and the chopped mint. Mix to combine. Season the lamb with a good pinch of salt and pepper then rub the garlic, oil, mint mixture all over the lamb.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Place an oven-proof, non-stick fry pan on the cooktop and on high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the lamb and cook on each side for a minute to create a nice crust. Transfer the lamb to the pre-heated oven and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove for the oven and rest for 7-10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick chargrill pan over mmedium-highheat. Take your remaining clove or crushed garlic and 1 tbsp. of olive oil, mix to combine and them with a pastry brush, brush the garlic oil over the zucchini slices and asparagus. Grill the vegetables in the pan for 2-3 minutes each side, or until they a lightly charred. Transfer them to a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, in a large bowl add spinach leaves, rocket, cooked peas, and the chargrilled vegetables. Take a handful of fresh mint leaves, finely shred and add to the salad with a good drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss to combine. Slice the lamb. Serve the salad on to plates, top with the sliced lamb.