Kway teow soup with shredded chicken
PREP TIME: 2 hours
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 8 cups water
- 300g chicken bones, cleaned
- 10 prawns (heads and shells)
- 11/2 tsp salt
- Dash of light soy sauce
- Fresh kway teow
- 200g bean sprouts
- 10-12 fresh fishballs
- 10 prawns (cleaned, deveined & shelled)
- 2 fresh squids, thinly sliced (cleaned, with skin & ears removed)
- Parsley for garnish
- Half The Meat Club cage-free whole chicken (To boil & shred)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp shao xing wine
- In a large broth pot, blanche chicken bones, and half chicken in hot water and boil for 1 hour. Skim out impurities.
- In a small pan, fry prawn heads and shells. Then add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and fry till fragrant. Add everything into the chicken broth pot, along with salt and light soy sauce. Boil for another hour.
- In a small pan with oil, add minced garlic and fry till golden. Add prawns and squids, then drizzle with shao xing wine. Once ready, set aside. Pour gravy into broth pot.
- Remove half chicken and shred finely. Set aside.
- Cook kway teow noodles, bean sprouts and fishballs in broth. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- Using a sock strainer, strain broth into a new pot.
- Plate up kway teow noodles with fishballs, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, prawns and squids. Pour broth over and serve
- Perfect with fries anchovies, fried onions and cut chilli. Enjoy!