Indian Spiced Beef Steaks
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
These Indian Spiced Beef Steaks by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth are next level, breathing life into a great Porterhouse steak.
- 1 x The Meat Club The Meat Club Angus Porterhouse Steak
- 2 cubes of butter
- 1 diced white onion
- Handful of cardamom seeds
- Handful of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 60g greek yoghurt
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Half a cucumber
- Juice from half a medium sized lime
- Coriander for garnish
- Crushed walnut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Lightly pound cardamom and coriander seeds .
- In a bowl mix butter with onions, cardamom, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder .
- Coat the beef with spiced rub and marinate up to 1 hour.
- Before pan frying, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, then pan fry for 3-4 mins on each side for a medium cooked steak.
- Optional: serve with walnut yoghurt and salsa.
- Mix yoghurt, onion, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and serve up with beef steaks.