Hot wood roasted smoked salmon salad
This simple summer salad is great for a wholesome lunch or light dinner. We made this salad with The Meat Club’s Regal Wood Smoked Salmon from New Zealand. You’ll find that the salmon speaks for itself, with no need for a fancy dressing.
COOK TIME: 30 mins
- 1 200g pack of The Meat Club Wood Roasted Smoked Salmon
- 500g baby new potato
- ½ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tspn lemon zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and brush the skin of the potatoes under running water. Keep whole or dice into desired pieces. Cook in a pan of boiled salted water for approximately 12-15 minutes until just tender.
- Take the salmon out of the fridge and stand to reach room temperature.
- In the meantime, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest in a jar and shake well to blend. Season for taste.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Poor over yoghurt dressing and stand for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to be absorbed. Toss to combine.
- To serve the salad, place potatoes on a platter, open the salmon and flake into pieces discarding skin. Drizzle with EVOO and chopped parsley and dill.