Hot Smoked Salmon & Pink Grapefruit Salad
Try this Hot Smoked Salmon & Pink Grapefruit Salad for something zingy and refreshing! This can be assembled quickly for a side dish or even a meal on its own. Perfect for a sunny afternoon brunch. Inspired by the lovely recipe here.
- 300g Natural Hot Smoked Atlantic Salmon Fillet
- 2 eggs
- 1 pink grapefruit, bite-sized chunks
- 1 cucumber, cut into long ribbons
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1/3 cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbs shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 tbs finely chopped spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbs soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbs vinegar (rice wine vinegar preferred)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey, rice malt or maple syrup
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Add spring onion, garlic and 2 tbs of water in a small pot. Cook till dry and onion has soften.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and 1/3 cup of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes before adding honey. Turn off the heat and stir in fish sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Boil the eggs in water for 6.5 minutes. Remove and place in cold water before peeling.
- In a large bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and toss together with 2 tsp of the dressing made earlier.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with halved eggs and more dressing as desired. Serve on its own or with rice/quinoa.