Homemade sausage rolls
- 3 puff pastry squares, defrosted
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water, beaten
- 500g The Meat Club free range pork mince
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat a pan with some oil, fry the chopped onions till browned. Set aside to cool and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Make the filling by putting all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Use your hands and marinade the seasoning together. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 mins or more.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Divide the square puff pastry into 2. Using one half of the pastry lengthwise, place the sausage meat in the middle, and fold the 2 sides above it. Using a sharp knife; cut the roll into 4 portions. Set aside, finish folding the rest.
- Place sausage rolls on a baking paper-lined tray. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash all over the top of the rolls.
- Place the rolls in the oven and cook for 20 mins. After 20 mins, rotate the tray to make sure they are evenly cooked, and bake for a further 5 mins or more till pastry turned golden brown.