Grilled King Salmon with Crispy skin and Furikake Seasoning
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
With a rich flavour profile, crispy skin and essential Omega 3 Fatty Acids, grilled King Salmon is known to be a family favourite is many households. Sustainably farmed in the pristine waters of Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand, our King Salmon has been used in this simple and easy recipe by Singapore Foodie Jason Lee. Jason uses a sous vide machine to gently cook the King Salmon before frying off the skin. It can be pared with a simple salad, roast vegetables or atop a bed of creamy pasta for meal to remember.
- 1 x King Salmon Fillet
- 40ml vegetable oil
- Coarse sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- Furikake seasoning
- Place the Salmon fillet in a ziplock bag and season generously with salt and pepper to create a dry brine. Chill in fridge for 3o minutes.
- Make a small water bath and bring the temperature up to 43.3 degrees using a sous vide machine.
- Once chilled, place the Salmon in a water bath and press all the air out to create a vacuum pack and leave it for 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove the Salmon fillet gently from the ziplock bag, and peel the skin off the fillet.
- Add some vegetable oil to a pan, and heat until the oil is shinny.
- Add the Salmon skin to the hot oil, and cook until dry and crisp (about 7-8 minutes). Once crisped, remove oil and pat with paper towel.
- Lay the Salmon skin-side down. Sprinkle some furikake seasoning and course sea salt on the top.
- Serve the Salmon fillet with crisped skin on the side.
You may also like…
Earliest date for delivery is Tuesday, October 23