Creamy pan seared salmon
Flaky salmon coated in a flavourful, creamy sauce. This dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, plus it takes only 30 minutes to put together. This recipe is adapted from Diethood.
- 4 x The Meat Club Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp garlic-flavored olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk (or half & half or heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Transfer fillets to the skillet, with the skin-side up.
Cook for about 7-8 mins, or until browned and cooked about three quarters through.
Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes. Then, remove fillets from skillet and set aside.
In the skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Stir in garlic and cook for 1 min.
Add cherry tomatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Continue to cook for 1-2mins, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
Stir in spinach and cook for 1 min, or until spinach begins to wilt.
Stir in evaporated milk, parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley. Bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
Add salmon back to skillet and continue to cook for 3 mins, or until salmon is heated through.
Remove skillet from heat.
Spoon sauce over each fillet and serve.