Coconut Ginger Flower Barramundi
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
This Coconut Ginger Flower Barramundi by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth, has the hallmarks of a meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 x The Meat Club Barramundi Fillet
- 30g ground almonds
- small pack snap peas
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp raw brown sugar
- 5 curry leaves
- a thinly sliced ginger flower -a diced medium size tomato
- squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash the fish then dap dry with a kitchen towelette.
- On a lined baking tray, season fish lightly with salt and pepper -coat the fish with almond crumbs (option: to layer with egg wash before coating).
Drizzle a good amount of olive oil, then place into oven at 170 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a oiled pan, fry the curry leaves and ginger flower until fragrant.
- Add in the snap peas, broil for 3-5 mins, then remove from pan so that they remain crunchy in texture.
Next for the sauce, add your diced tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar and lemon into the pan, sauté them well then remove from heat (strain sauce).
- To finish, remove the fish from the oven. drizzle your sauce and serve it up with snap peas.