Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs with fusilli pasta
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 50 mins
These Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs pasta make a great meal at home. Here, Meg from Dreamer’s loft uses The Meat Club’s pork chorizo sausages and beef herb and garlic sausages to make meatballs, serving them with fusilli pasta and tomato and creamy sauce. A definite hit with the kids!
- 3pcs The Meat Club Beef herb & garlic sausages (about 250g)
- 3pcs The Meat Club Pork spanish chorizo sausages (about 200g)
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- Handful of basil and a few sprigs of parsley
- Sea salt, black pepper, sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 60ml cooking cream
- 200g boiled fusilli pasta
- Remove casing from the beef and chorizo sausages and place the minced meat into a large bowl.
- Add grated onion and garlic into the minced meat and mixed well.
- Roll the minced meat into meatballs. Each meatball should be around the size of fishball.
- In a frying pan or casserole, add about 2-3 tbsp olive oil. Pan-fry the meatballs till golden brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add garlic and onion and sautee till fragrant. Add the 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and let the sauce simmer on low heat for 10mins (covered). Add some water if necessary
- Add the meatballs and cook for another 8mins (covered). Add basil, sea salt, black pepper and sugar to taste. Simmer for another 1-2 mins (covered).
- In a small pot on low heat, add butter then flour, stir to make a roux. Add beef stock and cooking cream and bring to boil. Switch off the heat.
- To serve, divide the fusilli pasta into 3-4 portions. Scoop tomato or creamy sauce over the meatballs and pasta. This dish is best served hot.