The Meat Club Chilli Steak Lettuce Cups
SERVINGS: 6-10 Lettuce cups
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME:10 Minutes, PLUS 2 Minutes resting time
These san choy bau inspired chilli steak lettuce cups from the Carrotsticks and cravings are great for a light lunch or an entrée to dinner. They are quick and easy to make!
- 400g The Meat Club eye fillet steak
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 cups cooked brown and wild
- Handful coriander leaves
- ¾ cup black beans
- 3 spring onions
- Lettuce cups
- ½ cup peanuts
- Extra lime slices, chopped chilli and coriander to serve Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Marinate the steaks with lime juice, zest, diced chilli, garlic, coconut milk and tamari for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Mix the cooked rice, together with washed and drained black beans, lime juice, chopped spring onion, chopped coriander, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- In the meantime, grill the eye fillet steaks on a hot grill pan or BBQ for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare and allow to rest for an extra 2 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is resting, toast the peanuts in a pan with no oil until slightly browned and season with salt flakes.
- Slice the steaks thinly and set aside.
- Make the lettuce cups with rice mixture, top with steak slices, peanuts, coriander, chilli and a squeeze of lime.