Char Siew Lamb Roast
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes plus 2 hours marinating time
This Char Siew Lamb Roast by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth, has the hallmarks of a meal that the whole family can share! Grab the recipe today for a feast fit for a King.
- 1 x The Meat Club Butterflied Lamb
- handful of star anise
- handful of parsley
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 21/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon shao xing chinese wine
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon red food colouring
Wash the lamb then dap dry with a kitchen towelette.
- Mix marinate ingredients together in a bowl .
- On a lined baking tray, coat lamb with marinade then place a handful of star anise at the top for decoration poking onto its skin, then tie well with string, and let it marinate for up to 2 hours in the fridge
- Place in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3hrs at 160 degrees, re- coating it with marinate at every hourly interval
When measured with an instant-read thermometer it should read about 165-170 degrees
Remove from oven and garnish with parsley