Beef tar tar with smoked beef fat and kimchi
PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
If you are looking to ‘wow’ your dinner party guests, this recipe of Beef tar tar with smoked beef fat and kimchi from Maggie Joan’s is for you. Combining incredible taste and texture, it is worth using only the very fresh steak for this entrée!
For the beef tar tar:
- 250g The Meat Club Porterhouse steak
- 60g smoked beef fat
- 50g chopped kimchi
- 30g pickled wakame
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 10g fresh chives, chopped
- 10g fresh shallots, chopped
For the pickled wakame:
- 1500g white wine vinegar
- 50g water
- 4g crushed coriander seeds
- 100g sugar
- 200g dehydrated wakame
- For the pickled wakame, rehydrate the wakame in some water, then chop roughly. Bring the sugar, vinegar, water and coriander seeds to the boil then pour over the wakame and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the Porterhouse by trimming the fat and chopping the meat into small cubes.
- In the meantime, heat a pan and cook the fat until the liquid runs. Collect the liquid and smoke using a good quality smoking gun.
- Mix the meat and smoked fat with the remaining ingredients, thenseason with salt and pepper. Add more kimchi and mustard if you prefer the tar tar to be spicier.
- Place all ingredients in a metal egg ring on a plate. Remove ring carefully, leaving tar tar and garnish with remaining chives and shallots