The Meat Club Beef Sausage & Prawn Brown Rice Paella
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 4 Hours marinating
This Beef Sausage & Prawn Brown Rice Paella from Carrotsticks and Cravings is my go-to recipe for BBQ parties because the lamb chops are just a little bit fancy and absolutely delicious. Adults and kids will love the salty sweet taste and you’ll be fighting over seconds!
- 5 The Meat Club beef sausages
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 large red chilli
- ½ brown onion
- 1 ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups chicken or veg stock
- ½ cup tomato passata (tomato puree)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 15-20 prawns
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 lemon
- In a large deep frying pan cook sausages in EVOO until they are ¾ cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Saute sliced onion, garlic, bell pepper and diced chilli in the pan untilonion is soft.
- Slice sausages into small pieces and add to onion mix with the paprika.
- Add brown rice, stock, passata and cherry tomatoes and reduce heat and cover for 30 minutes until rice is mostly cooked. You don’t want it too soft– checking every 10 minutes as you may need to add more liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and add prawns and peas and cover for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir through chopped parlsey and ½ lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges, extra parsley and some chilli slices or flakes for some spice.