Beef fillet with anchovy butter and red pepper
PREP TIME: ½ Hour
COOK TIME: 3-4 Hours plus 20 Minutes resting time
Planning to cook some steak this weekend? Then look no further for recipe. Try this Maggie Joan’s recipe of Beef fillet with anchovy butter and red pepper with The Meat Club’s Eye fillet steak.
- 200g The Meat Club eye fillet steak
- 1kg red peppers
- 2 large tomatoes peeled and deseeded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g salted anchovy
- 150g butter
- Cut the red peppers in half, removing seeds and roast until burnt. Allow to cool and peal the skin away, keeping only the flesh.
- Warm a heavy pan on medium heat with a little olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and start to fry them off.
- Then slice the roasted peppers and add to the onions, cooking for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes.
- Continue to cook at a low heat for 2 hours or until everything is soft and a thick consistency.
- In the meantime, soften the butter and blend with the anchovyuntil smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove small bones.
- Bring steak to room temperature and cook on a hot pan for 2½ minutes each side. Allow to rest for another 2½ minutes.
- Plate with peppers, then steak and the pour over the anchovy butter.