Barramundi Fish and Chips
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
This recipe of Barramundi Fish and chips from Ambassador Terrie Anne of Carrotsticks and cravings is a healthier version of the traditional dish. It is oven baked and still crispy like the fattening fried fish and chips you buy.
For 8-10 fish fingers/bites
- 2 boneless fillets barramundi
- 1 slice day old wholemeal bread
- 1/4 cup of raw quinoa
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chopped italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg
For the chips
- 2 large potatoes
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- Sprinkle dried rosemary
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Sprinkle dried garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the “tartare” sauce
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp pasta sauce or passata
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper (for the adults)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Wash the potatoes and chop them into slices like wedges.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl of water and in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender add bread, quinoa, parsley and lemon zest and blend until it forms crumbs.
- Check for bones and chop the fish into bite size pieces.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Dip the fish into the egg and then into the crumbs coating them completely.
- Drain the potatoes and toss in the oil, oregano, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Put the fish and chips on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chips and fish over and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve with lemon wedges, side salad and salt and pepper and enjoy
You may also like…
Earliest date for delivery is Friday, December 13