Did you know, that the humble Dukkah is the perfect alternative to regular salt and pepper? And it is no wonder, boasting ingredients like coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chilli, with the crunch of peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, it is the perfect way to limit your salt intake, in particular. Derived from the Arabic word “to crush”, the versatile spice blend originated from ancient Egypt and is known as an aid for digestive problems, with ingredients varying depending on the region.
Here is how we suggest using Dukkah in your everyday cooking:
- An alternative to (lets face it, boring) salt and pepper
- As a dipper for fresh bread with olive oil instead of vinegar
- Sprinkled over roasted or raw sliced vegetables
- Atop your hummus for added crunch
- Mixed with tahini, olive oil and chilli flakes (optional) to make a quick and easy home made dressing