Family Favourites: Samantha Chan
1. Hey Samantha! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am an Australian living in Singapore. I’ve been in Singapore for 8 years now and loving it. I am a mother of boys – Lachlan and Mitchell, 11 years and 8 years respectively. I’m currently working as Head of Singapore for Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
2. When and why did you move to Singapore?
I moved to Singapore with my family because I was working in Banking at that time. No better place to live in than Singapore, the Asia Pacific banking hub.
3.What do you love the most about living here? What do you miss the most about home? When and why did you move to Singapore?
I love the convenience of getting around in Singapore, everywhere is nearly 10 minutes away! I miss Cherry Ripes and Haighs chocolates from home!
7. What is your 1 favourite product from The Meat Club?
I am a big fan of the ‘Pork Apple Sage Rosemary’ sausages!
8. Do you have a favourite recipe you can share?
Classic Lasagne by Delish!
- 3/4 lb. lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb. The Meat Club Lean Mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32-0z.) jar marinara
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 lb. sliced mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes. Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon, then drain fat. Return beef to skillet and add garlic and oregano and stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through.
- Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large casserole dish, spread a thin layer of meat sauce, a single layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of ricotta mixture, and a single layer of mozzarella, then repeat layers. Top last layer of noodles with meat sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then increase temperature to 400º and bake uncovered for 18 to 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.