Family Favourites: Fiona bennett
1. Hey Fiona! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Fiona Bennett hailing from Melbourne, Australia. I work in Singapore as a makeup artist and my husband works in finance. I have a 2 year boy and another one on the way.
2. When and why did you move to Singapore?
We moved to Singapore for my husband’s job 6 years ago. Like most expats, we thought we would only stay for 2 years, how fast the years go by!
3. What do you love the most about living here? What do you miss the most about home?
I love how most things are easy and convenient. I do miss the farmers markets and fresh, well priced produce from back home. Of course family and friends.
4. How long have you been a member of The Meat Club?
(Whenever it first started) I was also one of those expats bringing back meat from Australia!
5. What do you love about being part of the Club?
The convenience of it being delivered to my front door. The quality of the products and with the auto pilot discount, it’s actually well priced!
6. If you were to create your own meat pack, what would be in it?
Chicken breast, Chicken thigh, beef mince – family favourites. I have a few of each in my fridge, ready to go at anytime for a meal. Whether it’s beef meatballs, chicken curry, grilled chicken strips. We’re trying to eat less meat now, so the salmon and the veggie patties are great too!
7. What is your 1 favourite product from The Meat Club?
The Meat Club’s Cage-free Chicken Breast
8. Do you have a favourite recipe you can share?
Vietnamese chicken coleslaw is a go to at my place.
1 shredded whole purple cabbage
1 shredded carrot
A handful of mung bean shoots
A large handful of both Thai basil and mint
A packet of The Meat Club Chicken Breast. Boiled with ginger, garlic and a bit of salt. Take aside and shred. You can use the broth to serve as a clear soup with a bit of spring onion.
1/4 cup Raw sugar
1/4 cup Fish sauce
1 juice of a lemon
1 crushed garlic
1 birds eye chili
3 tablespoons of Sesame oil
Make the dressing first in a separate bowl and set aside
Throw all the ingredients in a bowl, serve with crushed roasted peanuts and fried shallots